6/9/11

FINAL FUDGE FUN!


If you're a boomer you might remember this as your first cookbook. Betty Crocker's Cook Book for Boys and Girls. This was given to me as a gift from my mom and dad in 1960. I don't recall if it was a birthday or Christmas gift. It has a copyright of 1957, General Mills.

This will be the final fudge recipe. It's also probably the easiest. I don't know if I ever made it. What I do remember making from this book were "Eggs In a Frame." Anyone remember those?

Click on either image to see it larger.

Betty Crocker's Cook Book for Boys and Girls_tatteredandlost

Betty Crocker's FUDGE_tatteredandlost

I do believe if I had whole milk instead of fat free I might actually consider making this tonight. Maybe just to lick the pan. In fact I don't believe it would ever make it to the fridge. I'd just sit down with a spoon and go for it. Now that's a fudge party!

2 comments:

  1. i have this book!!it's packed away..gotta go look for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. That's usually what happens to fudge around here. Actually, we call it fuNdge.

    ReplyDelete