4/13/13

DOLLS OF MANY LANDS greeting cards


Every once in a while my best friend puts together a fun box that she ships to me. I never know what will be inside. This past week I received such a box and I have gone through it layer by layer, taking my time, a little bit each day. She said I was treating it like an archaeological dig. That describes it perfectly. It has wonderful items, many of which I will share. The first is below.

Dolls of Many Lands greeting cards made by Tichnor Brothers of Boston were a gift to my friend from her grandparents when she was little. They are lovely and remind me a bit of the Hallmark cards that are so popular to collect. Over the next few posts I will feature the cards.

Sadly I cannot find any information about who illustrated these cards.

Click on any image to see it larger.








Is it just me or does the Eskimo doll look like singer Keely Smith?





3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/04/2014

    There is another doll collection It was all southern belle big skirts. late fortys and fifties
    do you know the name and manufacture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I don't. I'd recommend contacting one of the many paper doll bloggers. They'd be of more help I'm sure.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, but no. They were made by the Tichnor Brothers out of Boston.

      Delete