5/30/13

The MISSING DEPOT in Cheyenne, Wyoming


On May 26th I did a post about a post card of the Plains Hotel in Cheyenne, Wyoming. Today I feature what used to be across the street; a lovely old train depot.




Click on images to see them larger.

Looking online with Google I find that what's across the street now bears no resemblance to this fine train depot. There is now a large park with a different depot.


I read nothing but rave reviews about this park and depot, but I can't but wish that I'd been able to look out of a room of the Plains Hotel across 16th Street to the old depot on this card with trains pulling in. Better than a freeway onramp.

The post card was published by Harry Heye Tammen. You can read a bit more about him by clicking on his name in the labels below.

And click here to see another post card of the old depot. According to the sign in this shot, this was also a bus depot.

No comments:

Post a Comment