11/18/11

MEN and THEIR STUDEBAKERS


I've been doing a series of posts at my vernacular photography site about men and their cars; old snapshots of men standing next to their pride and joy.

This weeks Sepia Saturday has inspired me to post the following from the July 1937 magazine called "The Studebaker Wheel." According to a site called The Studebaker Wheel there were a total of 117 issues of this promotional customer oriented publication. I have only one, but it's a gem. You can see a previous post I did about this issue here.

The images below are mostly of men and their Studebakers. Do click on the images to see them larger. The captions are well worth reading.

Click on either image to see them larger.


2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize that some businesses were already moving to photography for their advertising. Neat promo photos, but I'd just as soon seen another of those artistic renderings like your previous Studebaker post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly the only illustration used in the piece is the cover. All photos inside.

    ReplyDelete